Guitar and bass guitar repairs and set~ups.
I’ve been working with and playing guitars since 1984. In my mid teens, (many moons ago and much to my surprise) I won an award for a 'Higher Craft & Design' project building a ‘Telecaster’ electric guitar. This was the start of many projects.
Alongside working in bands, music & teaching, I worked with Freshwater Instruments in the early-mid 90's (now retired) and much later with Thomas Bucanann link
building 'teardrop' mandolin family style instruments - Mandolin, Mandola, Octave Mandola, Bouzouki, Cittern & Guitars.
In 1998 I relocated from Edinburgh to London and graduated from London Guildhall University in 2001 having studied Musical Instrument Technology for three years specialising in the making of Acoustic Guitars.Returning to Inverness in 2002, I began teaching full time and set up my own workshop for builds and carrying out guitar repairs and set-ups.
All prices exclude parts and materials costs.
Set~ups and fret work
- Set up electric or acoustic, clean & polish ~ from £30
- Stone frets, recrown, polish, set action and intonation ~ from £60
- Set up acoustic with bridge plane to lower action ~ £90
- Re~fret rosewood fingerboard, dress & polish, set action and intonation ~ £150
- Re~fret laquered maple fingerboard, dress & polish, set action and intonation ~ £190
- Re~fret bound neck, dress & polish, set action and intonation ~ £220
Nut & bridge work
- Replace strat/tele type, slotted nut ~ bone or 'TUSQ' man-made ivory, with set~up ~ £80
- Replace gibson or acoustic seated nut ~ bone or 'TUSQ'~ £60
- Replace 12 string seated nut ~ bone or 'TUSQ' ~ £60
- Fit bone or 'TUSQ' saddle ~ £60
- Fit bone or 'TUSQ' saddle ~ with bridge plane to lower action ~ £90
- Route new slot and fit bone or 'TUSQ' saddle ~ £110
- Create and fit entire bridge with bone or 'TUSQ' saddle ~ ESTIMATE ~ (£140+)
- Fit machineheads ~ £30
- Take out minor scratches and marks, clean and polish ~ ESTIMATE ~ (£60+)
- Headstock break ~ ESTIMATE ~ (£120+)
- Misc. crack repairs ~ ESTIMATE ~ (£60+)
For repairs enquiries ~ email Alan below or call 07837 416 509.*Please leave a message if calling within lessons times, I'll reply as soon as possible.